|CT NOFA is looking for a summer intern! In the summer there are so many events that we're asked to go to, that we can't attend all of them. So we're looking for an intern (maybe two) who can attend these events, bring our materials, and represent us (by the way - these events are really fun). When our intern isn't at other organizations' events, they are welcome to volunteer at and attend ours. We will also need help with outreach, event planning, publicizing, fundraising, and a variety of other projects to give the intern exposure to many aspects of non-profit work.|
|This could be you!|
Position Details: A vital part of Connecticut NOFA’s Outreach is attendance at farmer’s markets, environmental fairs and events hosted by our partner organizations. The Outreach Intern would be primarily responsible for representing CT NOFA and the NOFA Organic Land Care Program at these events to educate the public about our work and draw in new members. The rest of the intern’s work will be in our office in Oxford, Connecticut helping to promote events and carrying out administrative duties.
- Represent CT NOFA at farmers’ markets, environmental fairs and other events
- Assist at CT NOFA and NOFA Organic Land Care events
- Update and edit CT NOFA’s database
- Help to distribute press releases and market programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intern must have access to a car, outreach requires travel to different locations, mostly within Connecticut (CT NOFA will reimburse for mileage expenses)
- Familiarity with local farming or the Connecticut sustainable food movement is helpful, but not required.
CT NOFA is the Connecticut Chapter of the Northeast Organic Farming Association. CT NOFA is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the practices of ecologically sound farming and gardening, and to the development of local sustainable agriculture. Our efforts give consumers increased access to safe and healthy food. CT NOFA is a growing community of farmers, gardeners, land care professionals, businesses and consumers that encourages a healthy relationship to the natural world.