Our keynote speaker for the 2014 conference will be Fred Kirschenmann, a distinguished Fellow for the Leopold Center and President of Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture in Pocantico Hills, New York. Mr. Kirschenmann will be speaking on the future of agriculture through the next generation of young farmers entitled "Tomorrow's Farmer & You" . You can view his presentation on "The Future of Agriculture" .
The 2014 Winter Conference will feature workshops for all levels and interests: children can learn about worms, gardeners about backyard chickens and vegetables, locavores and healthy eaters can discover new recipes at cooking classes, and activists and organizers can come together to discuss the organic food movement. Teachers include garden instructors, Connecticut’s farmers, chefs, community activists and nutritionists. We will be announcing this years workshop every week leading up to the event, so stay tuned!
- "Seed Saving in the Home Garden" with Shanyn Siegel
- "The Future of Wild Bees, Honey Bees, and Pollination- and What You Can Do" with Kim Stoner
- "Growing Your Own-Raised Bed Gardening Basics" with John Carlson
- "Backyard Chickens 101" with Traci Torres
- "Growing Figs in Cold Climates" and "Multi-Dimensional Vegetable Gardening/ Farming" with Lee Reich
For more information visit the Winter Conference Webpage.